EFFECT OF TEMPERATURE AND DIAMAGNETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY ON IMPURITY BINDING ENERGY OF A SPHERICAL QUANTUM DOTDecember 31, 2018
MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE AND ACHIEVEMENT IN ENGLISH OF XI STANDARD STUDENTSDecember 31, 2018
Vel Murugan. P
Research Scholar, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India
Civilizations have risen on the banks of rivers. Rivers provide people with the necessaries of life. Though early life of people started in and around caves and thickly wooded jungles, it advanced to become cultured only on banks of rivers. In Tamilnadu, the small but perennial rivers have been the centres of some famous Civilizations. But the Civilization of a river bed in the extreme south, i.e, the Pazhayaru river valley civilization is not much known to the people. The Pazhayaru river, the remaining part of the lost Paghruli river system, though small in length, is high in civilization. It had created some of the best known cities, towns, trading centres, centres of worship and cultural integration and harmony.
pazhayaru, paghruli, kumari continent, lemurian continent.
(1) K.R. Hanumanthan, “The Paghruli River Civilization” (article), ISIAC & BISS, Tamilnadu, 1995, p.26.
(2) Ibid, p. 27.
(3) Tenga nadu seven, Madurai nadu seven, Munpalai nadu seven, Pinpalai nadu seven, Kunra nadu seven, Kuna karai nadu seven, and Kurumporai nadu seven.
(4) K.R. Hanumanthan, op. cit., p. 26
(5) Kotu or Kottu has various meanings: i) ‘ line’, ‘peak’, ‘curve’, ii) a straight line of mountain or peak in the mountain as the top most spot, the geographic curve, the river and the location of the township may reflect these. It is generally accepted that the river takes a curvature so as to create the township of Kottaru (Kottu + aru).
(6) S. Padmanabhan, Nagacult and Nagaraja Temple, Nagercoil, 1980, p. 17.
(7) rq;fE}y; nra;Ak; jdpg; g/Wsp ahNw
Jq;kpfj; jq;Fk; g/Wspaha;g; – nghq;Fk;
gioahwhk; te;J gue;jnjd;g.
ehd;Q;rpy; ntz;gh> 67
(8)“ehl;Lf;Fg; Nguofha; eye;jiof;Fk; tpj;jha;
eQ;irnahL GQ;irf;Fk; ew;gyd; je;J mwpQu;
ghl;Lf;Fk; xspje;J gha;e;NjhLk; MW
g/WspahW vdg;gfUk; gioahW jhNd”
(9) K. Patchaimal, Nanchil Valluvan Avvaiyar (T1.), Samithoppu, 1999, p.16.
(10) Uthirampatti is the only village situated on the banks of the river Pazhayaru having the surname ‘Patti’. All the Harijans of this village are living in huts and they are immersed into object poverty. The families of the people in public service who happen to die while they were rendering service, were provided with sufficient lands in memory of their death. This land is called Uthirampatti.
(11)P.Ramachandran, “The Pazhayar Experience” (article), The Hindu, Trivandrum, 22 March 1992.
(12)P.Ramachandran, Pazhayattankarai Nagarigam (T1.), Unpublished work, Nagercoil, p.51.
To cite this article
Vel Murgan, P. (2018). Unknown Civilization of Pazhayaru. Sparkling International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Studies, 1(1), 9-13.